- Repair of inguinal hernias and hydroceles
- Umbilical and epigastric hernia repair
- Correction of undescended testicles
- Treatment of tongue-tie
- Skin and subcutaneous lumps including lumps in the neck such as thyroglossal duct cysts Ingrown toenail correction
- Groin hernia and hydrocele repair
- Orchidopexy to treat undescended testicles
- Varicocele correction
- Treatment of phimosis by circumcision for example
The types of operations that Colin performs include:
- Meckels diverticulectomy
- Fundoplication to correct gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Heller’s myotomy to correct Achalasia
- Removal of duplication cysts
- Cholecystectomy for gallstones or acalculous cholecystitis
- Complete or partial nephrectomy
- Removal of Urachal remnants
- Pyeloplasty to correct pelvi-ureteric obstruction in toddlers and children
- 2 stage Fowler Stephens procedure to treat intra-abdominal testis
- Correction of varicocele
- Pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum.
Colin offers the pectus brace management or the Ravitch operation for pectus carinatum. He
performs the Nuss procedure or Ravitch operation to correct pectus excavatum. Colin is one of the
most experienced Nuss and Ravitch Surgeons in Australia. Surgery is offered to adolescents and
young adults. The recommended minimum age for corrective surgery is 14 years.
- Congenital lung cysts.
Colin offers antenatal counselling for congenital lung cysts in his private rooms. He also manages
and offers surgery for lung cysts in neonates, infants, children and adolescents. The surgery is usually
performed with key hole surgery.
- Sweaty hands and armpits.
These can be corrected with minimally invasive thoracoscopic surgery. The result is instantaneous.
- Recurrent pneumothorax.
May require treatment with thoracoscopic excision of the lung blebs and apical pleurectomy if it is
Severe cases of empyema may require video assisted thoracoscopic surgery and decortication.
- Urinary incontinence and bed wetting
- Hypospadias surgery
- Inguinal hernia and hydrocele repair
- Undescended testicle correction
- Treatment of Balanitis and phimosis
- Correction of pelvi-ureteric obstruction and hydronephrosis
- Correction of vesico-ureteric reflux with ureteric reimplantation or Deflux injection Correction of varicocele